WSUS Support Forums: MMC 3.0 snap in cannot connect to wsus server - WSUS Support Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

MMC 3.0 snap in cannot connect to wsus server Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   jamielim 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular Members

Posted 14 Nov 2006, 20:59

Hi All,

Need some help here. I installed wsus 3.0 and used the default port 80. Everyhting looks fine. But when I tried to connect to my server via the mmc 3.0 console, I get an error message saying "cannot connect to bmiv102. the server may be using another port or different secure sockets layer setting". I tried changing the port no but to no vail. Pls help...

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Nijmegen 

• PipPip

Posted 15 Nov 2006, 03:24

Hello,

If you installed the defauld settings you shoud indeed use port 80.
on connecting you can only use 3 settings: name; port and SSL.
I think you use the correct name and know the port have you tryed to change the ssl setting?
is there a firewall between you pc and you server ?

for correct funcioning of the MMC also install:
Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005
and if you click on a hyperlink in a report remember that you always have a IE window open...

You also have to start the MMC whith the right account (run as...) the user who tries to connect has to be member of the WSUS security goup !

succes.

#3 User is offline   jamielim 

• PipPip

Posted 16 Nov 2006, 01:12

Hi Nijmegen.

Seems like I found out that I have somehow installed a diffrent version 3.0 of mmc. Wierd. I redownload another mmc 3.0 and it works. The earlier one I had has 1950kb in size, but the new one was 1911kb in size. Wierd!

Anyways thanks a lot for helping :D

#4 User is offline   William_stam 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 25 May 2007, 02:28

View Postjamielim, on Thu 16th Nov 2006, 10:12 am, said:

Hi Nijmegen.

Seems like I found out that I have somehow installed a diffrent version 3.0 of mmc. Wierd. I redownload another mmc 3.0 and it works. The earlier one I had has 1950kb in size, but the new one was 1911kb in size. Wierd!

Anyways thanks a lot for helping :D

im getting the same issues on the "full" WSUS 3 (not the beta). anyone else having this problem? any solutions?

#5 User is offline   William_stam 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 30 May 2007, 06:21

View Postjamielim, on Wed 15th Nov 2006, 05:59 am, said:

Hi All,

Need some help here. I installed wsus 3.0 and used the default port 80. Everyhting looks fine. But when I tried to connect to my server via the mmc 3.0 console, I get an error message saying "cannot connect to bmiv102. the server may be using another port or different secure sockets layer setting". I tried changing the port no but to no vail. Pls help...

Thanks!

i got my probem solved.... i was trying to connect using the computers IP address... as soon as i put the computers name it connected

#6 User is offline   rayruest 

• PipPip

Posted 30 May 2007, 12:24

I was having the exact same issue. Install was crashing at the end, and I could not connect to the server. A repair install of .NET 2.0 solved the problem.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users