WSUS Support Forums: Question on WSUS, MCSE exam - WSUS Support Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Question on WSUS, MCSE exam Anyone know the answer?

#1 User is offline   nd4spd 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Post icon  Posted 26 Oct 2006, 06:44

Hi, all, i am taking MCSE exam(self learning using MsPress book, Transcender, dumps program).

Recently, microsoft update the main exam 70-290 with wsus..??(i am not sure bout this)...and i seek high and low for WSUS info...

here are some of the simulation question that i can found..

You are the network administrator for your company. The network consists of a single Active Directory domain. All servers run Windows Server 2003. All client computers run Windows XP Professional. You install and configure a single server to run Windows Server Update Service(WSUS). You configure the appropriate Group Policy settings to specify separate WSUS target groups for client and server computers. You need to ensure that computers automatically assign themselves to the correct computer group. What should you do?(select two)

A. In the WSUS console, configure Computer Options so that Use group policy or registry settings on computers is selected.

B. In the WSUS console, configure Computer Options so that Use the Move Computers Task in Windows Server Update Services is selected.

C. In the WSUS console, create the appropriate computer groups.

D. Create Organizational Units(OUs) for each group.

Correct answer: ??[u](select two)

You are the network administrator for your company. The network consists of a single IP subnet. All servers run Windows Server 2003. All client computers run Windows XP Professional. You need to install Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) on a computer named Server1. Server1 has limited hard disk space. Server1 stores a minimal amount of information locally. Client computers must install Microsoft critical updates. You need to ensure that client computers download updates directly from Microsoft Update. Only approved updates should be downloaded. What should you do?

A. Open WSUS console. Specify the Update Source as synchronize from Microsoft Update.

B Open WSUS console. Modify the synchronization option to not store updates locally.

C. Modify the default home page for all clients computers to https://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

D. Configure the client Group Policy object(GPO) to use Microsoft update as its update source.

correct answer: ?
B or D ?

This post has been edited by nd4spd: 26 Oct 2006, 07:54

#2 User is offline   EvilDaz 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Regular Members

Posted 26 Oct 2006, 07:43

My WSUS server runs outside of an AD domain so these may not accurate for this, I'm not sure.

For the first one, you can can set group policy object for "Enable client side targetting" :

If the status is set to Enabled, the specified target group information is sent to the intranet Microsoft update service which uses it to determine which updates should be deployed to this computer.

If the status is set to Disabled or Not Configured, no target group information will be sent to the intranet Microsoft update service.

However, the groups have to exist on the WSUS server in the first instance, so I'd guess at A and C ??

For the second one, In "Advanced Synchronization options" you can set " Do not store updates locally; clients install from microsoft update", so I'm thinking B

Hope this helps :D

Daz

This post has been edited by EvilDaz: 26 Oct 2006, 07:43

#3 User is offline   btenney 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 Oct 2006, 07:46

acd, ab

Any good simulation should give you explanations and not just answers.

This post has been edited by btenney: 26 Oct 2006, 07:59

#4 User is offline   nd4spd 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 26 Oct 2006, 08:03

EvilDaz and Btenny,

TQ...thank you.

for the first Q, i think it is A & C too. :)
second Q, my guess is B....

-nd4spd-
-i have the Need 4 Speed-

View Postbtenney, on Thu 26th Oct 2006, 10:46 pm, said:

acd, ab

Any good simulation should give you explanations and not just answers.

btenney,
this question is what i found on the internet, i Doubt the answer they provided.
For example, answer for 2nd question is D. Configure the client Group Policy object(GPO) to use Microsoft update as its update source. ;) ;) ;)

This post has been edited by nd4spd: 26 Oct 2006, 08:05

#5 User is offline   batman009 

• Pip

Posted 04 Jun 2009, 05:26

Hello,

im having same troubles here.. any inputs would be great!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users