WSUS Support Forums: How to store updates on a network drive - WSUS Support Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How to store updates on a network drive I want to store the updates on a mapped drive

#1 User is offline   angoletti1 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Post icon  Posted 27 Sep 2005, 07:17

Hello,

I'm testing SUS and if I use the wsusutil.exe to change the directory where wsus stores the updates, I get an error message. I want to store the updates on a NAS Server. Therefor I mapped a drive (\\server\wsus). That doesn't work. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to use a local disc.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany...

Thanks,
Chris

This post has been edited by angoletti1: 27 Sep 2005, 07:51

#2 User is offline   jdickerson 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 27 Sep 2005, 09:23

View Postangoletti1, on Tue 27th Sep 2005, 10:17 am, said:

Hello,

I'm testing SUS and if I use the wsusutil.exe to change the directory where wsus stores the updates, I get an error message. I want to store the updates on a NAS Server. Therefor I mapped a drive (\\server\wsus). That doesn't work. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to use a local disc.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany...

Thanks,
Chris

I don't think that WSUS supports storing the updates on a network drive, I copied this from Microsoft WSUS
site, the answer was given by one of the chat moderators. I personally have not tested this so I pass along their answer.
"Rajiv_MS (Expert):
Q: Just to clarify Krishnan...i can keep WSUS on current machine, and move content to a shared drive as long as it is mapped? If i need to move WSUS to another machine, the website cant be used remotely from a different IIS server?
A: WSUS requires the content files to be present on the local drive. Having content live on a mapped network drive is an unsupported scenario"

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users