WSUS Support Forums: Oops: WSUS Event ID 10022 on offline server - WSUS Support Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Oops: WSUS Event ID 10022 on offline server How to get rid of message?

#1 User is offline   Skye Ambrosia 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular Members

Posted 22 May 2010, 15:22

I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of this synchronization error report as well as the error being reported in the event viewer. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Here's the back story:

We have an offline WSUS server (3.0, SP1.) This server was set to manual synchronization because, of course, with it being on an offline network, it is not able to contact Microsoft Update to receive updates or synchronize. One of our techs apparently unwittingly performed a manual synchronization, which of course failed, and WSUS logged the failure just like it was supposed to.

Now WSUS is reporting the failure every so often in the server's event viewer (Windows Server 2008) as event ID 10022 "The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful." Posted Image (uhm, yes, of course it was, the server is offline lol)

Under the WSUS synchronizations tab, the last (and only) synchronization was reported as a manual synchronization, and the result is (surprise:) failed (An Http error occurred; the remote name could not be resolved.)

My question, if anyone could help me out with this is: how do I get rid of this so it will stop reporting it to the event viewer? It appears that it is going to keep reporting this until a successful synchronization occurrs (which is not possible) or until I can get rid of the WSUS failed synchronization report under syncrhonizations... which has no obvious way of being deleted.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out with this!

#2 User is offline   Skye Ambrosia 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular Members

Posted 03 Jun 2010, 16:57

Just a quick bump to see if anyone has any suggestions at all on this one. I'm not having much luck with finding a solution thus far. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users