Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

WSUS connectivity Unable to connect servers to WSUS server

#1 User is offline   jcmoffitt 

• Pip
  • Group: Regular Members

Post icon  Posted 14 Nov 2007, 08:36

I installed WSUS on a VMWARE virtual server and have it configured and running. I created a TEST OU in one of our Resource OU's and added the WSUS Group Policy there. In the GPMC I have the BLOCK inheritance turned on so that the TEST OU will NOT get the default Domain Group Policy. Is that stopping communications somehow?

I have a group of ten test/development boxes that I have put in to this TEST OU. I run wuauclt.exe /detectnow from each server and it appears to work except from one w2k server. I run grpupdate /force on each server. Nothing ever happens. I know there is a 90 minute delay without the commands but with the commands I thought I should start seeing the clients within at least 30 minutes. One day I came in and popped open WSUS and my Vista box and XP workstations were both being seen. I have two servers that are seen. However I have six other servers who are all on the same subnet that are not being seen.

Are there logs I can look at that will give me a clue as to what is going on? I spoke to our networking guys and they told me that icmp is not turned off on the server subnet so that is not the problem. I can ping between each server and back to the WSUS server without a problem

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2 User is offline   graaij 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Regular Members

Posted 14 Nov 2007, 23:30

> In the GPMC I have the BLOCK inheritance turned on so that the TEST OU will NOT get the default Domain Group Policy.
> Is that stopping communications somehow?

No, it is not stopping the communication. It just stops what is defined above.

> grpupdate /force
I guess you made a typing error?

You are telling that 2 out of 10 are not reacting well ?
If I understand it well the servers are on the same subnet ?
So port 80 (or another port) you are using for wsus is not been blocked.

In %windows%\windowsupdate.log on the servers with the problems you can find your wanted details.

My guess is you have to check on those two servers if you are not running another website on the same port as wsus does.

Regards

Gerard

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users