WSUS Support Forums: Accidentally deleted Workstation Computer Group - WSUS Support Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Accidentally deleted Workstation Computer Group

#1 User is offline   devicemanager 

• Pip
  • Group: New Members

Posted 27 Jun 2007, 11:49

I just upgraded from WSUS 2.0 to 3.0 - all went really well and the server and workstation groups in wsus 3.0 were already populated. I thought I was deleting some workstations that have notreported in quite some time but instead I deleted the workstations from this wsus server. Is there anyway to get them back? I changed the detection method back to group policy but nothing happened for quite some time. I have since changed it back to the wsus console. I also deleted some registry keys, restarted services and ran the restart script from the command line. All seemed to go over fine but I still have nothing. Please help!

#2 User is offline   wagnerjp 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular Members

Posted 27 Jun 2007, 21:01

View Postdevicemanager, on Thu 28th Jun 2007, 04:49 am, said:

I just upgraded from WSUS 2.0 to 3.0 - all went really well and the server and workstation groups in wsus 3.0 were already populated. I thought I was deleting some workstations that have notreported in quite some time but instead I deleted the workstations from this wsus server. Is there anyway to get them back? I changed the detection method back to group policy but nothing happened for quite some time. I have since changed it back to the wsus console. I also deleted some registry keys, restarted services and ran the restart script from the command line. All seemed to go over fine but I still have nothing. Please help!

If you are using client side targetting using a GPO or the registry to set what group a computer is in then all you need to do is recreate the group and the next time computers connect they will be automatically re-added to it.

If you are assigning groups to computers using the WSUS interface then recreate the group. The next time the computers connect they will be automatically added to the "Unassigned Computers" group and you will need to manually move them back to the group in which they belong.

Jacob

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users